If the cold and wind are keeping you indoors this season, there are a slew of small household projects that can have significant impact on the family’s comfort and ease of living. Martha Stewart Living suggests 21 simple ways to divide and conquer oft-forgotten areas.
- Create a calendar using sticky post-its to map out important dates and goals.
- Keep emergency road supplies ready to go in the car.
- Make a go-to stain treatment kit for stubborn spills.
- File the many computer passwords that are running through your head.
- Store bulk food items in groups and in style.
Beyond post-its are other household tools for organizing. For the home office, the label maker is your best friend. Take the guesswork out of finding important documents by labeling every binder, file, and box. If your drawers are a mess, consider using Rubbermaid’s interlocking plastic dividers, available in six different sizes. They are ideal for clothing, office supplies, and even kitchen utensils.
Don’t succumb to procrastination — organize through the winter and be ready for spring.