There are hundreds of things you can do every day to save up for the stuff and experiences that are truly important to you. Consider this list of things to do or not to do and cash in on simple acts, most requiring just a few minutes of conscious planning.
- Have a smart phone? Use it to comparison shop before you buy.
- Insulate your home and save big on energy bills.
- Search for online coupons.
- Review your credit card statements and nix the small yet superfluous recurring services you don’t need.
- Brew your own java at home.
- Open and fund your retirement account.
- Negotiate a better deal for purchases and services.
- Pay your bills on time.
- Make a grocery list.
Check out Forbes’ “Twenty-Three Ways Your Laziness is Costing You Money” for the full details.